Income Tax Return – Quick Checklist – Individuals
Please use this as a checklist guide and bring any other relevant information with you as we cannot
be sure when the Australian Tax Office Portal will have these details available.
- PAYG Payment Summaries (Group Certificates)
- Lump Sum and Termination Payment Summaries
- Government Payment statements, if received
- Bank Statements showing interest received
- Dividend Statements for Dividends Received or Reinvested
- Annual Tax Statements from Managed Funds
- Other income:
- Rental Property Income and Expenses – Agents Rental Statement, Rates Notice, Loan Interest, Land Tax, Repairs & Maintenance, Water, Insurance, Loan Statements. If property purchased provide Statement of Adjustments.
- Foreign income
- Capital Gains
- Employee Share Schemes
- Work Related Expenses:
- Motor Vehicle – Petrol, Registration, Insurance, Repairs & Maintenance, Citilink/Eastlink, Parking Fees, Car Wash, Finance Contracts and Log-Book completed for a 12 continuous weeks, etc
- Uniforms, Protective Clothing, Footwear
- Union, Tools, Subscriptions, Memberships, Professional Development
- Home Office, Telephone, Computer, Internet
- Any other costs incurred earning income
- Donations to charities or Building Funds
- Income Protection Insurance
OFFSETS AND REFUNDS
- Private Health Insurance and rebate entitlement statement
- IAS Statements or details of PAYG instalments paid
- Spouse details including taxable and exempt income
TAX REFUNDS – the Tax Office no longer issues refunds by cheque so you must bring your bank account details, including the BSB and Account Number with you to your appointment.
If new to the firm, please provide full copy of Tax Return from previous Accountant or as lodged by you.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation